- Nick Schade’s forums are a wonderful resource for boatbuilding and paddling techniques.
- The QajaqUSA forum has everything you could ever want to know about traditional building and paddling skills.
- Redfish Kayaks has several models of strip plans, and Joe Greenley makes some of the most beautiful boats you will ever see.
- Harvey Golden has written the book on Greenland kayaks…literally!
- Pygmy Boats is an excellent resource for kits, plans, and advice for plywood stitch and glue boats.
- Ginni Callahan, at Columbia River Kayaking is a BCU 5* paddler, level 4 coach and an Advanced open Coastal ACA instructor.
- Cheri Perry and Turner Wilson at Kayak Ways teach skin on frame kayak building and Greenland rolling and strokes.
- SSTIKS is a traditional paddling gathering in June at Twanoh State Park , Washington. Includes instruction at all levels, games, food, kayak building, paddle carving in a family friendly venue.
- Delmarva Paddlers’ Retreat is traditional skills oriented paddlers’ gathering in Delaware. Since 1988.
- Qajaq Training Camp is traditional paddler’s weekend of classeson the shores of Lake Michigan.
- HRGF the Hudson River Greenland Festival, is at Croton Point Park on the Hudson River, New York State.
Weather and Tide Links
- NOAA tides and currents homepage
- NWS Pacific Northwest Coastal Marine Data
- One Stop Oregon Surf Check
- Astoria, Oregon Aviation Weather report and forecast
- Coastal Waters forecast, Cape Shoalwater to Cascade Head
- National Data Buoy Center, Columbia River weather buoy 46029